Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pain is good, right?

My legs and butt are a little sore today. This is good. It means that 10 extra squats I did yesterday worked. So from now on, I have to do 30 squats. Well, at least until 30 doesn't make me hurt anymore. Then I will up them again. 5 years ago I took a exercise course called Baby Boot Camp. Best thing I ever did after having a kid. Sadly, it wasn't as easy for me to do with two kids, so i only did it after my first child. But I did learn some things to do at home and I am putting them to good work right now. Our teacher taught us how to do good squats. She explained it in a way I will never forget. She said to pretend like we are about to sit on the toilet. Go all the way down till we are about to fall. We are suppose to hold them for 20 seconds, but I am not there yet. HA! It must work, because the 30 I did yesterday I am feeling. LOL

I know I am not eating overly healthy things, but I have really worked on cutting my portions back. It is hard to eat healthy when I have 4 other people to feed as well. Three of which are kids who have very specific tastes.

Input:
Special K Cereal with 2% Milk
2/3 of a Chicken Nugget Salad from Chik-fil-a
Iced Tea
2 slices of Pepperoni Pizza
1/2 slice Cheese Pizza
Iced Tea

Output:
30 Squats
70 Crunches

Reason #7
Healthier Children
Teach by example. If I am eating better and exercising, then they will hopefully learn to as well. Not that they need to exercise becaue they are so active. But someday they might need to and if they are already in the habit of it, it will work in their favor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment