Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

My husband and I do not partake in the hype of this day. We learned years ago how bad of a Hallmark Card Holiday it was. We are pretty good about showering each other with gifts and love the other 364 days of the year that we do not need a Holiday to tell when to do it. This day makes WAY too many people feel bad or sad or mad or whatever. Nothing close to Love. I really wish it would go away, but that is just me. We do celebrate it with the girls since they don't understand our thinking behind it. They get a new James Avery "Love" charm every year. A charm that somehow represents our love for them.

But to all my friends (and you too Angie) Happy Valentine's Day. If I have not told you recently how awesome I think you are and how much I care about you, well, I do!! *Hugs*


So, off my soapbox and back to business.

Input:
Wheat toast (140 Calories) with butter
Bottled Water
1/2 Chili Burger
Cheese Fries
Water w/ Lemon
1/2 Chipotle Barbacoa Burrito
Iced Tea


Output:
60 crunches
30 squats
6 reps of 2 different yoga poses.


Reason #2:
Healthy Heart (It is Valentine's Day). My Mother died when she was just 45 years young. She started having heart problems before she even turned 40. Her first bypass at 40. Heart attack at 42 and her last bypass at barely 45 when she had a stroke during the surgery which caused a blood clot that went to her brain and ruptured. So, my reason for this blog and my adventure is to keep my heart healthy so my daughters don't have to grow up without a Mother.

1 comments:

Angela said...

You are making me so happy Jamie with your continued blogging!! This motivated me....BIG TIME!!! It is just to lonely to do by myself (I need to get OVER my wimpness of doing it alone). Happy V day to you - I don't really like to celebrate it either (even when I was married and/or in a relationship)...it always seemed a bit silly.

Post a Comment