Thursday, February 12, 2009

Headaches

I have been having headaches for 6 months now. I have tried several different treatments for them. I have had an MRI. I have seen the doctor several times. And yet, I still have them. I went back to my doctor's office yesterday for more tests and saw my doctor's "boss". She immediately knew what it was. The muscle at the bottom of my head/top of my neck and all along my shoulders. She says it is common in Mother's who have diaper bags to tote, children to carry, etc. So she prescribed exercise. Well duh, I know I need to do that more. She asked me what I had been doing and I admitted "Nothing really, although I am trying to use my Wii Fit daily." She about jumped out of her seat. Well actually, she did. And then she started doing a tennis motion and telling me how she loves the Wii Fit and that that is exactly what I need to be doing. Who would have thought. So she has prescribed 30 minutes of Wii Fit a day. I need to focus on the yoga positions and the balance "games". I hadn't even looked at the Yoga stuff yet and I've owned the dang game for over a year.

So last night, I did yoga. Oh. My. Gosh. I think this doc might be on to something. I could totally feel how horrible tight my muscles were. I hadn't even noticed till I tried to do that stuff. Now I notice it just sitting here. I can not believe 6 months of headaches may be linked to tension in my muscles and that Yoga might be the answer. But this is a great motivator. I can't function all the time with these daily headaches. So if 30 minutes of yoga a night works, then I will do it.

Disclaimer: Doc did prescribe some other things to help me sleep, etc. So the yoga won't be the only thing I have to do, but it is the major part. She is also running other tests for other issues, so this is our current line of thinking for these headaches. It could change if something comes back on the recent round of tests.

1 comments:

Angela said...

You will really benefit from the yoga!! This is motivating me to check out the wii fit - especially since I can probably do it with my daughters too!

Post a Comment