Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Challenge Rules

I can't remember if I have posted this yet or not, but no one lost (or won) the challenge at the end of our 6 weeks. Yay us! So we have extended it indefinately. We have also upped it from 45 minutes to 30 minutes. 30 cardio and 30 other exercise.

The two girls I am doing the challenge with are training for half marathons now and their training schedule requires them to have a day off. So we have switched up our schedule a little.

5 days just like before (30 min. of cardio and 30 min. of other exercise)
1 day of 30 min. of any type of exercise.
1 day off/rest.

I personally plan to continue working out everyday, however, I may only do 30 minutes on the day off and 30 on the 30 minute day. I plan to not take any days totally off. I need the motivation to keep going and if I start cutting back, I think I will give up completely. Make excuses.

And lastly, we have added a swimming rule to the mix since two of us are doing lots of that with our kids. We decided that true lap swimming could count towards your 30 min cardio, but all other swimming/treading water/recreational counted half minute for minute, but only towards your additional 30 minutes of exercise. But, you had to be moving! You couldn't be standing the shallow end while your kid swims around you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment